Sunday, September 28, 2008

let's just put it this way...

Yet another old blog from my myspace.


Sometimes... I seem to start every thought with 'sometimes' anymore. when i think about it though, sometimes doesn't really describe anything. sometimes is liking saying 'sometimes i breathe air' or 'sometimes i am a human' or 'sometimes i miss something' which is what this blog is about i guess. i don't sometimes miss being around my friends. i don't sometimes miss having that feeling of waking up to the sun shining in the window and looking out to see the ground covered in a blanket of cold white. i don't sometimes miss that feeling of having to wait for my parents to get out of bed before i can go into the living room to start looking for easter eggs. i don't sometimes wish that i was laying on the hood of my car at 2am with my guitar watching the night sky by myself. i don't sometimes wish that the biggest of my worries could yet again be whether or not i found a good enough stick to use as a sword while exploring the woods around my aunt's house during the summer. never do these thoughts sometimes cross my mind. never do i sometimes wish that i could take that trip again to thousand islands and go camping for a week waking up everyday to my father drinking his coffee watching the lake wash up on the shoreline and then see me and smile because i'm there enjoying the day with him. Never do i sometimes think about these things or sometimes wish i could do them again...i always think about them, i always wish for them. i'm not gonna try and make people feel sorry for me by saying how hard i had it growing up in an attempt to make them think i'm tough or that i'm stronger than them. my childhood was amazing and as much as i feel bad for those people that didn't have it so hot growing up, i'm not gonna regret telling the whole fucking world about how great mine was because in all honesty, if it wasn't for every single god damn thing that happened to me growing up where i did, when i did, how i did, and with who i did, i wouldn't be the person that i am today and i think that that person is pretty fuckin sweet. I am who I am because of what i've been and what those people told me i could be. no questions. no regrets. thanks to everyone who had a part in my life in every minute leading up to right now. my hats off to you.

(I was listening to "Boston" by Augustana while writing this)

No comments: